I have to admit I made this up as I went along and didn’t measure a thing so am trying to think how much would be appropriate, I think I possibly had too much butter so feel free to reduce that!
10-15 pitted dates soaked in hot water, it allowed me to take their chewy skins off!
Two handfuls of oats
1tbsp of Ground Almonds
1tbsp of Honey
2tbsp of Butter
1tsp of cocoa powder (okay I admit I used hot chocolate..!)
75g Chopped Nuts
50g Chocolate Drops
– Firstly I soaked the dates for 10-15 minutes, then the water was cool enough for me to rub the skins off.
– I melted the butter and honey together
– I put all the dry ingredients plus the dates into a mixing bowl and gently mixed them together before adding the melted butter and honey mix
– I rubbed a glass dish with butter to stop stickage but I imagine using baking paper would be far easier!
– I bunged in a hot oven (180C-ish) for 10-15 minutes until the top started to burn(!)
Leave to cool before slicing them as it allows the butter to harden and they don’t fall into a gooey mess!
This gave me 8 delicious bars… don’t ask how many calories… they had dates in it! They were truly healthy!